Friday, April 27, 2012

KDS Supercar Meet

Waking up early on a Sunday morning is no easy task. But today I dragged myself from the comfort of my bed and duvet because of the morning events that lay ahead of me. I was to meet a fellow Pistonheads member en-route to KDS in Gillingham where an event being run by Jay Broom (known as JayKayBi), who also helps organise Wilton House, was taking place – And supercars were promised! Suddenly I was wide awake!


I made it to my arranged meeting point in my humble (and rather messy) Nissan Micra where I should have met my fellow PH’er. Time went past and I checked the forum where we arranged to meet. Nothing. But then a message pinged up from someone else on the forum ‘I would love to meet with you guys and convoy down, but I won't be at the service station until around 9:15am’. It was 9:10, so I waited a little longer. Dan (who sent the message) turned up in a beautiful red (and loud) Vauxhall Monaro VXR. A bit different to the Saab I was originally going down there with! With both the cars filled up with fuel we made the journey from Bromley to Gillingham, with me leading the way, which would have been fine had I got a sense of direction! Lady luck must have been on my side this morning as we made it there without (many) mishaps. 


We arrived at the small industrial estate in Gillingham and already the show was in full swing. I made my way towards where most of the action was taking place and there sat in Unit 12, was a Ferrari Enzo!


This was the same Enzo that Tim has filmed on numerous occasions with the straight through exhaust and de-cat that you can see here:


I must admit I made a bit mistake of standing directly behind it when it was fired up! It sounded wonderful, but as a consequence my ears were left ringing for a couple of minutes after! 

There were numerous other fantastic cars at the event too including a Ford GT which looked rather tasty, and various other sports cars I would love to see in my garage but I’ll let the photo’s do the talking!

On that note I’ll sign off now, do excuse the photos, they were taken on a rubbish camera phone!




by Philip


No comments:

Post a Comment